Besides featuring the annual Saturday morning parade and evening fireworks extravaganza, Waterbury’s Not-Quite Independence Day (NQID) celebration includes the Green Mountain BBQ & Music Festival over Saturday and Sunday with authentic barbecue, food trucks, craft brews and live music. More than 6,000 BBQ enthusiasts will come to watch 50 pit masters from across the region compete in the Green Mountain BBQ Championship – sanctioned as a Vermont state BBQ championship by both the Kansas City Barbeque Society and New England Barbecue Society. This event supports Rotary Club of Waterbury, a local civic nonprofit association.
ON-SITE TICKET PRICES: $12 adults, $5 kids (5-12) and $25 family pass (2 adults and 2+ kids) -- TWO-DAY PASSES ALSO AVAILABLE -- Save 10% online
Paid Tickets include:
- Entrance to the grounds
- NEW!! People's Choice Sauce Showdown contest on Saturday afternoon, with select attendees chosen at random to also judge the sauces in a blind taste test
- NEW!! Brisket samples (while they last) on Saturday afternoon, donated by Sadler's Smokehouse of Henderson TX, and prepared on Humphrey's Smokers
- NEW!! MacAuley's People's Choice Pulled Pork samples (while they last) on Saturday night, donated by MacAuley's Food Service and prepared by BBQ teams
- NEW!! Opportunity to purchase award-winning Competition Samples from BBQ teams on Sunday afternoon, prices ranging from $1 to $3 per sample
- Diversity of live music performances each day -- something for every musical taste
- THREE TIMES as many food options as last year, including more BBQ vendors and diverse additional tastes including vegetarian and kid-friendly fare
- MORE product and service vendors to visit and plan your Vermont summer
- Free parking before 6 pm Saturday and all day Sunday -- drive in after 6 pm Saturday, and parking is $5 per car
- Fireworks display on Saturday night
- Cheer on the winners of the annual Pie Baking Contest (or even compete), and maybe get a taste
- Family fun each day with NEW games and activities, including rides on the Roaming Railroad!
- Support for the many efforts of the Waterbury Rotary Club -- thank you!!